@@ -605,11 +605,15 @@ bytes respectively. Such letter suffixes can also be entirely omitted.
See Documentation/s390/CommonIO for details.
- Keep all clocks already enabled by bootloader on,
- even if no driver has claimed them. This is useful
- for debug and development, but should not be
- needed on a platform with proper driver support.
- For more information, see Documentation/clk.txt.
+ Prevents the clock framework from automatically gating
+ clocks that have not been explicitly enabled by a Linux
+ device driver but are enabled in hardware at reset or
+ by the bootloader/firmware. Note that this does not
+ force such clocks to be always-on nor does it reserve
+ those clocks in any way. This parameter is useful for
+ debug and development, but should not be needed on a
+ platform with proper driver support. For more
+ information, see Documentation/clk.txt.
clock= [BUGS=X86-32, HW] gettimeofday clocksource override.