[GIT,PULL,v2] drm/mali-dp changes for v4.12 (or drm-next)

Message ID 20170426170133.GE7170@e110455-lin.cambridge.arm.com
State New
Headers show

Pull-request

git://linux-arm.org/linux-ld.git for-upstream/mali-dp

Message

Liviu Dudau April 26, 2017, 5:01 p.m.
Hi Dave,

Updated pull request to fix the all-modconfig build on 32bit arm
builds.

This pull request includes the latest updates on Mali DP, adding
support for colour management, plane scaling and power management.
The patches have trickled into the mailing list since February, and
have baked on linux-next for a few weeks (strangely, the 64bit div
was only caught yesterday).

Please pull.

Many thanks,
Liviu

The following changes since commit 6b1462700b4a6a1244c018cdd2fa97ded43090a0:

  Merge tag 'drm-misc-next-fixes-2017-04-20' of git://anongit.freedesktop.org/git/drm-misc into drm-next (2017-04-21 13:51:59 +1000)

are available in the git repository at:

  git://linux-arm.org/linux-ld.git for-upstream/mali-dp

for you to fetch changes up to 763656d30b3d220a52e4b2bd1fc174a4cd6c0f43:

  drm: mali-dp: use div_u64 for expensive 64-bit divisions (2017-04-26 17:54:58 +0100)

----------------------------------------------------------------
Arnd Bergmann (2):
      drm: mali-dp: remove unused variable
      drm: mali-dp: use div_u64 for expensive 64-bit divisions

Liviu Dudau (3):
      drm: mali-dp: Update the state of all planes before re-enabling active CRTCs.
      drm: mali-dp: Enable power management for the device.
      drm/mali-dp: Add core_id file to the sysfs interface

Mihail Atanassov (8):
      drm: mali-dp: add atomic_print_state for planes
      drm: mali-dp: add custom reset hook for planes
      drm: mali-dp: add malidp_crtc_state struct
      drm: mali-dp: enable gamma support
      drm: mali-dp: Add CTM support
      drm: mali-dp: Add plane upscaling support
      drm: mali-dp: Enable image enhancement when scaling
      drm: mali-dp: Check the mclk rate and allow up/down scaling

 drivers/gpu/drm/arm/malidp_crtc.c   | 341 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++--
 drivers/gpu/drm/arm/malidp_drv.c    | 307 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++---
 drivers/gpu/drm/arm/malidp_drv.h    |  13 ++
 drivers/gpu/drm/arm/malidp_hw.c     | 213 ++++++++++++++++++++++
 drivers/gpu/drm/arm/malidp_hw.h     |  81 +++++++++
 drivers/gpu/drm/arm/malidp_planes.c | 108 ++++++++++--
 drivers/gpu/drm/arm/malidp_regs.h   |  72 +++++++-
 7 files changed, 1073 insertions(+), 62 deletions(-)

Comments

Dave Airlie April 28, 2017, 7:48 p.m. | #1
On 27 April 2017 at 03:01, Liviu Dudau <Liviu.Dudau@arm.com> wrote:
> Hi Dave,
>
> Updated pull request to fix the all-modconfig build on 32bit arm
> builds.
>
> This pull request includes the latest updates on Mali DP, adding
> support for colour management, plane scaling and power management.
> The patches have trickled into the mailing list since February, and
> have baked on linux-next for a few weeks (strangely, the 64bit div
> was only caught yesterday).

I'd have preferred if we could have gotten this before -rc6, though since
it was all queued in -next already I should be okay to still pull it
with the fix.

Dave.

>
> Please pull.
>
> Many thanks,
> Liviu
>
> The following changes since commit 6b1462700b4a6a1244c018cdd2fa97ded43090a0:
>
>   Merge tag 'drm-misc-next-fixes-2017-04-20' of git://anongit.freedesktop.org/git/drm-misc into drm-next (2017-04-21 13:51:59 +1000)
>
> are available in the git repository at:
>
>   git://linux-arm.org/linux-ld.git for-upstream/mali-dp
>
> for you to fetch changes up to 763656d30b3d220a52e4b2bd1fc174a4cd6c0f43:
>
>   drm: mali-dp: use div_u64 for expensive 64-bit divisions (2017-04-26 17:54:58 +0100)
>
> ----------------------------------------------------------------
> Arnd Bergmann (2):
>       drm: mali-dp: remove unused variable
>       drm: mali-dp: use div_u64 for expensive 64-bit divisions
>
> Liviu Dudau (3):
>       drm: mali-dp: Update the state of all planes before re-enabling active CRTCs.
>       drm: mali-dp: Enable power management for the device.
>       drm/mali-dp: Add core_id file to the sysfs interface
>
> Mihail Atanassov (8):
>       drm: mali-dp: add atomic_print_state for planes
>       drm: mali-dp: add custom reset hook for planes
>       drm: mali-dp: add malidp_crtc_state struct
>       drm: mali-dp: enable gamma support
>       drm: mali-dp: Add CTM support
>       drm: mali-dp: Add plane upscaling support
>       drm: mali-dp: Enable image enhancement when scaling
>       drm: mali-dp: Check the mclk rate and allow up/down scaling
>
>  drivers/gpu/drm/arm/malidp_crtc.c   | 341 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++--
>  drivers/gpu/drm/arm/malidp_drv.c    | 307 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++---
>  drivers/gpu/drm/arm/malidp_drv.h    |  13 ++
>  drivers/gpu/drm/arm/malidp_hw.c     | 213 ++++++++++++++++++++++
>  drivers/gpu/drm/arm/malidp_hw.h     |  81 +++++++++
>  drivers/gpu/drm/arm/malidp_planes.c | 108 ++++++++++--
>  drivers/gpu/drm/arm/malidp_regs.h   |  72 +++++++-
>  7 files changed, 1073 insertions(+), 62 deletions(-)
>
> --
> ====================
> | I would like to |
> | fix the world,  |
> | but they're not |
> | giving me the   |
>  \ source code!  /
>   ---------------
>     ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
> _______________________________________________
> dri-devel mailing list
> dri-devel@lists.freedesktop.org
> https://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/listinfo/dri-devel
Liviu Dudau May 3, 2017, 8:55 a.m. | #2
On Sat, Apr 29, 2017 at 05:48:14AM +1000, Dave Airlie wrote:
> On 27 April 2017 at 03:01, Liviu Dudau <Liviu.Dudau@arm.com> wrote:
> > Hi Dave,
> >
> > Updated pull request to fix the all-modconfig build on 32bit arm
> > builds.
> >
> > This pull request includes the latest updates on Mali DP, adding
> > support for colour management, plane scaling and power management.
> > The patches have trickled into the mailing list since February, and
> > have baked on linux-next for a few weeks (strangely, the 64bit div
> > was only caught yesterday).

(mail got filed under a different folder because I was not in To: or Cc:)

> 
> I'd have preferred if we could have gotten this before -rc6, though since
> it was all queued in -next already I should be okay to still pull it
> with the fix.

Yes, sorry about that. Initially I wanted to send it before Easter but you
went on holiday before I had a chance to send the email and on your coming
back I left for mine, and I didn't want to fire and forget the pull request.

Will try to be more proactive in the future.

Best regards,
Liviu

> 
> Dave.
> 
> >
> > Please pull.
> >
> > Many thanks,
> > Liviu
> >
> > The following changes since commit 6b1462700b4a6a1244c018cdd2fa97ded43090a0:
> >
> >   Merge tag 'drm-misc-next-fixes-2017-04-20' of git://anongit.freedesktop.org/git/drm-misc into drm-next (2017-04-21 13:51:59 +1000)
> >
> > are available in the git repository at:
> >
> >   git://linux-arm.org/linux-ld.git for-upstream/mali-dp
> >
> > for you to fetch changes up to 763656d30b3d220a52e4b2bd1fc174a4cd6c0f43:
> >
> >   drm: mali-dp: use div_u64 for expensive 64-bit divisions (2017-04-26 17:54:58 +0100)
> >
> > ----------------------------------------------------------------
> > Arnd Bergmann (2):
> >       drm: mali-dp: remove unused variable
> >       drm: mali-dp: use div_u64 for expensive 64-bit divisions
> >
> > Liviu Dudau (3):
> >       drm: mali-dp: Update the state of all planes before re-enabling active CRTCs.
> >       drm: mali-dp: Enable power management for the device.
> >       drm/mali-dp: Add core_id file to the sysfs interface
> >
> > Mihail Atanassov (8):
> >       drm: mali-dp: add atomic_print_state for planes
> >       drm: mali-dp: add custom reset hook for planes
> >       drm: mali-dp: add malidp_crtc_state struct
> >       drm: mali-dp: enable gamma support
> >       drm: mali-dp: Add CTM support
> >       drm: mali-dp: Add plane upscaling support
> >       drm: mali-dp: Enable image enhancement when scaling
> >       drm: mali-dp: Check the mclk rate and allow up/down scaling
> >
> >  drivers/gpu/drm/arm/malidp_crtc.c   | 341 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++--
> >  drivers/gpu/drm/arm/malidp_drv.c    | 307 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++---
> >  drivers/gpu/drm/arm/malidp_drv.h    |  13 ++
> >  drivers/gpu/drm/arm/malidp_hw.c     | 213 ++++++++++++++++++++++
> >  drivers/gpu/drm/arm/malidp_hw.h     |  81 +++++++++
> >  drivers/gpu/drm/arm/malidp_planes.c | 108 ++++++++++--
> >  drivers/gpu/drm/arm/malidp_regs.h   |  72 +++++++-
> >  7 files changed, 1073 insertions(+), 62 deletions(-)