[edk2,edk2-platforms,0/6] Styx: fixes for IASL abuse and more

Message ID 20181205185020.21441-1-ard.biesheuvel@linaro.org
Headers show
Series
  • Styx: fixes for IASL abuse and more
Related show

Message

Ard Biesheuvel Dec. 5, 2018, 6:50 p.m.
Primarily, this series gets rid of the hacked up way this platform
patches the DSDT at build time, by #include'ing intermediate output
of the iasl compiler [or some version of it, at least]

While at it, apply some other cleanups/improvements.

Ard Biesheuvel (6):
  Silicon/AMD/Styx: move SOC version macros to common header
  Silicon/AMD/Styx: move B1 revision peripherals to separate SSDT table
  Silicon/AMD/Styx: move XGBE declarations to separate SSDT table
  Silicon/AMD/Styx: emit DSDT as aml directly
  Platform: add acpiview to Seattle/Styx platforms
  Platform/AMD/OverdriveBoard: use default resolution for GOP

 .../AMD/OverdriveBoard/OverdriveBoard.dsc     |   7 +-
 Platform/LeMaker/CelloBoard/CelloBoard.dsc    |   5 +-
 .../Overdrive1000Board/Overdrive1000Board.dsc |   4 +-
 .../AMD/OverdriveBoard/OverdriveBoard.fdf     |   2 +-
 Platform/LeMaker/CelloBoard/CelloBoard.fdf    |   2 +-
 .../Overdrive1000Board/Overdrive1000Board.fdf |   2 +-
 Silicon/AMD/Styx/AcpiTables/AcpiAml.inf       |  29 ---
 Silicon/AMD/Styx/AcpiTables/AcpiTables.inf    |   3 -
 .../AcpiPlatformDxe/AcpiPlatformDxe.inf       |  13 ++
 Silicon/AMD/Styx/Common/AmdStyxAcpiLib.h      |   1 -
 Silicon/AMD/Styx/Common/SocVersion.h          |  19 ++
 Silicon/AMD/Styx/AcpiTables/Dsdt.c            | 192 ------------------
 Silicon/AMD/Styx/AcpiTables/Iort.c            |   6 +-
 .../Drivers/AcpiPlatformDxe/AcpiPlatform.c    | 137 ++++++++++++-
 .../StyxSataPlatformDxe/InitController.c      |   7 +-
 .../StyxDtbLoaderLib/StyxDtbLoaderLib.c       |   7 +-
 .../AcpiPlatformDxe}/Dsdt.asl                 | 180 ----------------
 .../Styx/Drivers/AcpiPlatformDxe/SsdtB1.asl   |  86 ++++++++
 .../Styx/Drivers/AcpiPlatformDxe/SsdtXgbe.asl | 135 ++++++++++++
 19 files changed, 395 insertions(+), 442 deletions(-)
 delete mode 100644 Silicon/AMD/Styx/AcpiTables/AcpiAml.inf
 create mode 100644 Silicon/AMD/Styx/Common/SocVersion.h
 delete mode 100644 Silicon/AMD/Styx/AcpiTables/Dsdt.c
 rename Silicon/AMD/Styx/{AcpiTables => Drivers/AcpiPlatformDxe}/Dsdt.asl (72%)
 create mode 100644 Silicon/AMD/Styx/Drivers/AcpiPlatformDxe/SsdtB1.asl
 create mode 100644 Silicon/AMD/Styx/Drivers/AcpiPlatformDxe/SsdtXgbe.asl

-- 
2.19.2

_______________________________________________
edk2-devel mailing list
edk2-devel@lists.01.org
https://lists.01.org/mailman/listinfo/edk2-devel

Comments

Leif Lindholm Dec. 10, 2018, 9:58 p.m. | #1
On Wed, Dec 05, 2018 at 07:50:14PM +0100, Ard Biesheuvel wrote:
> Primarily, this series gets rid of the hacked up way this platform

> patches the DSDT at build time, by #include'ing intermediate output

> of the iasl compiler [or some version of it, at least]

> 

> While at it, apply some other cleanups/improvements.


All but the last one seem like they're following some form of common
thread. But anyway:
Reviewed-by: Leif Lindholm <leif.lindholm@linaro.org>


> Ard Biesheuvel (6):

>   Silicon/AMD/Styx: move SOC version macros to common header

>   Silicon/AMD/Styx: move B1 revision peripherals to separate SSDT table

>   Silicon/AMD/Styx: move XGBE declarations to separate SSDT table

>   Silicon/AMD/Styx: emit DSDT as aml directly

>   Platform: add acpiview to Seattle/Styx platforms

>   Platform/AMD/OverdriveBoard: use default resolution for GOP

> 

>  .../AMD/OverdriveBoard/OverdriveBoard.dsc     |   7 +-

>  Platform/LeMaker/CelloBoard/CelloBoard.dsc    |   5 +-

>  .../Overdrive1000Board/Overdrive1000Board.dsc |   4 +-

>  .../AMD/OverdriveBoard/OverdriveBoard.fdf     |   2 +-

>  Platform/LeMaker/CelloBoard/CelloBoard.fdf    |   2 +-

>  .../Overdrive1000Board/Overdrive1000Board.fdf |   2 +-

>  Silicon/AMD/Styx/AcpiTables/AcpiAml.inf       |  29 ---

>  Silicon/AMD/Styx/AcpiTables/AcpiTables.inf    |   3 -

>  .../AcpiPlatformDxe/AcpiPlatformDxe.inf       |  13 ++

>  Silicon/AMD/Styx/Common/AmdStyxAcpiLib.h      |   1 -

>  Silicon/AMD/Styx/Common/SocVersion.h          |  19 ++

>  Silicon/AMD/Styx/AcpiTables/Dsdt.c            | 192 ------------------

>  Silicon/AMD/Styx/AcpiTables/Iort.c            |   6 +-

>  .../Drivers/AcpiPlatformDxe/AcpiPlatform.c    | 137 ++++++++++++-

>  .../StyxSataPlatformDxe/InitController.c      |   7 +-

>  .../StyxDtbLoaderLib/StyxDtbLoaderLib.c       |   7 +-

>  .../AcpiPlatformDxe}/Dsdt.asl                 | 180 ----------------

>  .../Styx/Drivers/AcpiPlatformDxe/SsdtB1.asl   |  86 ++++++++

>  .../Styx/Drivers/AcpiPlatformDxe/SsdtXgbe.asl | 135 ++++++++++++

>  19 files changed, 395 insertions(+), 442 deletions(-)

>  delete mode 100644 Silicon/AMD/Styx/AcpiTables/AcpiAml.inf

>  create mode 100644 Silicon/AMD/Styx/Common/SocVersion.h

>  delete mode 100644 Silicon/AMD/Styx/AcpiTables/Dsdt.c

>  rename Silicon/AMD/Styx/{AcpiTables => Drivers/AcpiPlatformDxe}/Dsdt.asl (72%)

>  create mode 100644 Silicon/AMD/Styx/Drivers/AcpiPlatformDxe/SsdtB1.asl

>  create mode 100644 Silicon/AMD/Styx/Drivers/AcpiPlatformDxe/SsdtXgbe.asl

> 

> -- 

> 2.19.2

> 

_______________________________________________
edk2-devel mailing list
edk2-devel@lists.01.org
https://lists.01.org/mailman/listinfo/edk2-devel
Ard Biesheuvel Dec. 11, 2018, 8:01 a.m. | #2
On Mon, 10 Dec 2018 at 22:58, Leif Lindholm <leif.lindholm@linaro.org> wrote:
>

> On Wed, Dec 05, 2018 at 07:50:14PM +0100, Ard Biesheuvel wrote:

> > Primarily, this series gets rid of the hacked up way this platform

> > patches the DSDT at build time, by #include'ing intermediate output

> > of the iasl compiler [or some version of it, at least]

> >

> > While at it, apply some other cleanups/improvements.

>

> All but the last one seem like they're following some form of common

> thread. But anyway:

> Reviewed-by: Leif Lindholm <leif.lindholm@linaro.org>

>


Thanks

Pushed as 0eaa50231c02..217713e2cfc9
_______________________________________________
edk2-devel mailing list
edk2-devel@lists.01.org
https://lists.01.org/mailman/listinfo/edk2-devel