[v3,00/20] dmaengine/soc: k3-udma: Add support for BCDMA and PKTDMA

Message ID 20201208090440.31792-1-peter.ujfalusi@ti.com
Headers show
Series
  • dmaengine/soc: k3-udma: Add support for BCDMA and PKTDMA
Related show

Message

Peter Ujfalusi Dec. 8, 2020, 9:04 a.m.
Hi,

The series have build dependency on ti_sci/soc series (v2):
https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/20201008115224.1591-1-peter.ujfalusi@ti.com/

Santosh kindly provided immutable branch and tag holding the series:
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/ssantosh/linux-keystone.git tags/drivers_soc_for_5.11 

The unmapped event handling in INTA is already mainline.

Changes since v2:
- Schema files:
 - Moved compatible as first property and use const instead of enum for now
 - Removed #address-cells and #size-cells
- am64 PSI-L thread map updated to include all threads as the SoC is public now
- glue layer
 - get the ringacc pointer from udma_dev instead of using OF based lookup
 - Correct fdq ring ID for rx channel configuration
 - Fix the glue channel dev setup by adding a new classm but with empty remove
   callback

Changes since v1:
- Both DT binding document has been updated to address all comments and
  suggestions from Rob, all checks are passing on them
- included new patch to fix the normal channel start offset when ultra-high
  capacity channels are available for the UDMA and updated the BCDMA/PKTDMA
  patches along the same line
- Re-arranged the patches for Vinod so that the preparational patches and fixes
  can be picked up separately (they still have dependency on Santosh's branch):

  patch 1-5: Fixes and new features for existing devices using UDMA, but the
             the BCDMA/PKTDMA support is building on top of these.
             Build dependency on Santosh's branch
  patch 6: Optional second stage router configuration callback support in core
  patch 7-9: Per channel coherency support in core and use it in dmatest.
  patch 10-: Initial AM64 BCDMA and PKTDMA support

The DMSS introduced within AM64 as a simplified Data movement engine is built
on similar grounds as the K3 NAVSS and UDMAP, but with significant architectural
changes.

- Rings are built into the DMAs
The DMAs no longer use the general purpose ringacc, all rings has been moved
inside of the DMAs. The new rings within the DMAs are simplified to be dual
directional compared to the uni-directional rings in ringacc.
There is no more of a concept of generic purpose rings, all rings are assigned
to specific channels or flows.

- Per channel coherency support
The DMAs use the 'ASEL' bits to select data and configuration fetch path. The
ASEL bits are placed at the unused parts of any address field used by the
DMAs (pointers to descriptors, addresses in descriptors, ring base addresses).
The ASEL is not part of the address (the DMAs can address 48bits).
Individual channels can be configured to be coherent (via ACP port) or non
coherent individually by configuring the ASEL to appropriate value.

- Two different DMAs (well, three actually)
PKTDMA
Similar to UDMAP channels configured in packet mode.
The flow configuration of the channels has changed significantly in a way that
each channel have at least one flow assigned at design time and each flow is
directly mapped to corresponding ring.
When multiple flows are set, the channel can only use the flows within it's
assigned range.
PKTDMA also introduced multiple tflows which did not existed in UDMAP.

BCDMA
It has two types of channels:
- split channels (tchan/rchan): Similar to UDMAP channels configured in TR mode.
- Block copy channels (bchan): Similar to EDMA or traditional DMA channels, they
  can be used for mem2mem type of transfers or to service peripherals not
  accessible via PSI-L by using external triggers for the TR.
BCDMA channels do not have support for multiple flows

With the introduction of the new DMAs (especially the BCDMA) we also need to
update the resource manager code to support the second range from sysfw for
UDMA channels.

The two outstanding change in the series in my view is
the handling of the DMAs sideband signal of ASEL to select path to provide
coherency or non coherency.

The smaller one is the device_router_config callback to allow the configuration
of the triggers when BCDMA is servicing a triggering peripheral to solve a
chicken-egg situation:
The router needs to know the event number to send which in turn depends on the
channel we got for servicing the peripheral.

Regards,
Peter
---
Grygorii Strashko (1):
  soc: ti: k3-ringacc: add AM64 DMA rings support.

Peter Ujfalusi (18):
  dmaengine: ti: k3-udma: Correct normal channel offset when uchan_cnt
    is not 0
  dmaengine: ti: k3-udma: Wait for peer teardown completion if supported
  dmaengine: ti: k3-udma: Add support for second resource range from
    sysfw
  dmaengine: ti: k3-udma-glue: Add function to get device pointer for
    DMA API
  dmaengine: ti: k3-udma-glue: Get the ringacc from udma_dev
  dmaengine: ti: k3-udma-glue: Configure the dma_dev for rings
  dmaengine: of-dma: Add support for optional router configuration
    callback
  dmaengine: Add support for per channel coherency handling
  dmaengine: doc: client: Update for dmaengine_get_dma_device() usage
  dmaengine: dmatest: Use dmaengine_get_dma_device
  dt-bindings: dma: ti: Add document for K3 BCDMA
  dt-bindings: dma: ti: Add document for K3 PKTDMA
  dmaengine: ti: k3-psil: Extend psil_endpoint_config for K3 PKTDMA
  dmaengine: ti: k3-psil: Add initial map for AM64
  dmaengine: ti: Add support for k3 event routers
  dmaengine: ti: k3-udma: Initial support for K3 BCDMA
  dmaengine: ti: k3-udma: Add support for BCDMA channel TPL handling
  dmaengine: ti: k3-udma: Initial support for K3 PKTDMA

Vignesh Raghavendra (1):
  dmaengine: ti: k3-udma-glue: Add support for K3 PKTDMA

 .../devicetree/bindings/dma/ti/k3-bcdma.yaml  |  164 ++
 .../devicetree/bindings/dma/ti/k3-pktdma.yaml |  172 ++
 Documentation/driver-api/dmaengine/client.rst |    4 +-
 drivers/dma/dmatest.c                         |   13 +-
 drivers/dma/of-dma.c                          |   10 +
 drivers/dma/ti/Makefile                       |    3 +-
 drivers/dma/ti/k3-psil-am64.c                 |  158 ++
 drivers/dma/ti/k3-psil-priv.h                 |    1 +
 drivers/dma/ti/k3-psil.c                      |    1 +
 drivers/dma/ti/k3-udma-glue.c                 |  319 ++-
 drivers/dma/ti/k3-udma-private.c              |   45 +
 drivers/dma/ti/k3-udma.c                      | 1968 +++++++++++++++--
 drivers/dma/ti/k3-udma.h                      |   28 +-
 drivers/soc/ti/k3-ringacc.c                   |  325 ++-
 include/linux/dma/k3-event-router.h           |   16 +
 include/linux/dma/k3-psil.h                   |   16 +
 include/linux/dma/k3-udma-glue.h              |   12 +
 include/linux/dmaengine.h                     |   14 +
 include/linux/soc/ti/k3-ringacc.h             |   17 +
 19 files changed, 3061 insertions(+), 225 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 Documentation/devicetree/bindings/dma/ti/k3-bcdma.yaml
 create mode 100644 Documentation/devicetree/bindings/dma/ti/k3-pktdma.yaml
 create mode 100644 drivers/dma/ti/k3-psil-am64.c
 create mode 100644 include/linux/dma/k3-event-router.h

-- 
Peter

Texas Instruments Finland Oy, Porkkalankatu 22, 00180 Helsinki.
Y-tunnus/Business ID: 0615521-4. Kotipaikka/Domicile: Helsinki

Comments

Vinod Koul Dec. 11, 2020, 4:24 p.m. | #1
On 08-12-20, 11:04, Peter Ujfalusi wrote:
> Hi,

> 

> The series have build dependency on ti_sci/soc series (v2):

> https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/20201008115224.1591-1-peter.ujfalusi@ti.com/

> 

> Santosh kindly provided immutable branch and tag holding the series:

> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/ssantosh/linux-keystone.git tags/drivers_soc_for_5.11 


I have picked this and then merged this and pushed to test branch. If
everything is okay, it will be next on monday

-- 
~Vinod
Peter Ujfalusi Dec. 11, 2020, 7:16 p.m. | #2
Hi Vinod,

On 11/12/2020 18.24, Vinod Koul wrote:
> On 08-12-20, 11:04, Peter Ujfalusi wrote:

>> Hi,

>>

>> The series have build dependency on ti_sci/soc series (v2):

>> https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/20201008115224.1591-1-peter.ujfalusi@ti.com/

>>

>> Santosh kindly provided immutable branch and tag holding the series:

>> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/ssantosh/linux-keystone.git tags/drivers_soc_for_5.11 

> 

> I have picked this and then merged this and pushed to test branch. If

> everything is okay, it will be next on monday


Thank you!

this might cause a sparse warning:
https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/a1f83b16-c1ce-630e-3410-738b80a92741@ti.com/

I can send an incremental patch or resend the whole series with this
correction?

- P├ęter

Texas Instruments Finland Oy, Porkkalankatu 22, 00180 Helsinki.
Y-tunnus/Business ID: 0615521-4. Kotipaikka/Domicile: Helsinki
Vinod Koul Dec. 12, 2020, 5:21 a.m. | #3
On 11-12-20, 21:16, Peter Ujfalusi wrote:
> Hi Vinod,

> 

> On 11/12/2020 18.24, Vinod Koul wrote:

> > On 08-12-20, 11:04, Peter Ujfalusi wrote:

> >> Hi,

> >>

> >> The series have build dependency on ti_sci/soc series (v2):

> >> https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/20201008115224.1591-1-peter.ujfalusi@ti.com/

> >>

> >> Santosh kindly provided immutable branch and tag holding the series:

> >> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/ssantosh/linux-keystone.git tags/drivers_soc_for_5.11 

> > 

> > I have picked this and then merged this and pushed to test branch. If

> > everything is okay, it will be next on monday

> 

> Thank you!

> 

> this might cause a sparse warning:

> https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/a1f83b16-c1ce-630e-3410-738b80a92741@ti.com/

> 

> I can send an incremental patch or resend the whole series with this

> correction?


Incremental please

Thanks

-- 
~Vinod